Credit By: GCC Business News
In a significant move towards becoming one of the largest global pre-hospital services providers, Response Plus Medical (RPM) has revealed its strategic acquisition of Prometheus Medical, a UK-based healthcare training and consultancy services company. This acquisition is part of RPM’s broader vision to strengthen its capabilities and expand its global footprint.
- Prometheus Medical is a part of Safeguard Medical, a global provider of emergency medical technologies and specialized training for first responders.
- RPM, part of Response Plus Holding PJSC, is the most extensive pre-hospital medical services provider in the UAE and Saudi Arabia, listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.
Prometheus specializes in equipping combat service providers and emergency responders with training and consultancy services, focusing on the energy and defense sectors. This acquisition will unite two leading healthcare providers, forming a credible global healthcare platform for energy and defense companies.
Presently, RPM operates 500 clinics catering to the oil & gas and industrial sectors, with a tier-one client roster that includes prominent names such as ADNOC, Schlumberger, Oxy, TOTAL, and Halliburton. The acquisition of Prometheus expands RPM’s coverage to global oil majors and reputed defense providers serviced by Prometheus, including Shell, Chevron, ACKER BP, DCAS, the United Kingdom’s Military and Royal Flight of Oman, and the UK Security, Defense, and NHS emergency services.
- The acquisition enhances RPM’s training capabilities.
- It expands the company’s portfolio to cover health consultancy for emergency preparedness and response.
- Accelerates RPM’s market entry into the UK and Nordic region.
- The integration of the two companies offers one-stop solutions for emergency consultancy and training services, remote health services, VIP medical coverage, and other health needs.
Dr. Rohil Raghavan, CEO of Response Plus Medical, emphasized the strategic significance of the acquisition in implementing the company’s global expansion strategy. He highlighted that this move solidifies RPM’s position as the preferred healthcare provider for leading energy and defense entities worldwide.
- RPM will become a distributor for Safeguard Medical’s trauma care and simulation products in GCC and India.
- This partnership is expected to deliver exceptional, cutting-edge healthcare solutions, elevating industry standards.
- The acquisition is planned to be funded through debt and internal accruals.
- Estimated to contribute early teen inorganic revenue and EBITDA growth to RPM on a run-rate basis.
This acquisition reflects RPM’s commitment to providing top-tier healthcare services globally and its determination to be a key player in the evolving landscape of pre-hospital healthcare services.
Follow ARP Media for more informative blogs.